Various colored flowers available viz., Yellow, Orange, Red
Plant Height or length:
6 to 8 meters
Climbing or growing on support
Indigenous (native to India)
Can grow on trellis or chain link fencing
Recommended for creating shade
Must have for Farm house or big gardens
Generally available in India in quantities of:
- What a beautiful climber! It is impossible to forget a plant in full bloom.
- Fron South India in the Wetern Ghats.
- A climbing shrub with long slender branches.
- Leaves opposite, elliptic or oblong lanceolate, 10 - 15 cm long, 3 - 5 cm broad.
- Flowers on long, pendulous raceme.
- Corolla tube 4.5 cm long, purple, enclosed by spathe like bract.
- 4 lobed limb yellow or maroon spotted with yellow.
- Upper lip erect, concave with reflexed side lobes lower lip 3 unequal spreading lobes. 5 cm across.
- Plants are best trained over gazebos, pergolas, arches or frame support to allow to large racemes to hang down and show.
- Avoid planting on fences - as the flowers do not show off well.
- Plants prefer well drained acidic soils.
- Avoid vary hot and dry weather. Plants can partially shaded if required.