Year-around flowering, Flowers in flushes throughout the year
Flower or Inflorescence color:
Plant Height or length:
Less than 50 cms
Plant Spread or Width:
More than 12 meters
Rare Plant or difficult to get plant
Grows best in humid and warm regions
- What a sensation this plant had created when it was first discovered in South America in the late 17th Century.
- In its native habitat the leaves get huge! There are often photos which show babies sleeping on the leaves.
- Tropical perennial often grown as an annual with rimmed leaves up to 6 ft across.
- The night blooming flowers last two days, they open white the first day then turn pink the next day.
- Plants require a hot and humid climate. They cannot tolerate cold.
- As with water lilies and lotus good clayey soils should be used.
- It is important that the water has circulation and is clean.